On my Facebook page, I saw a message in my inbox. It says, how can I start to be one of those content writers?
The question is general. So I replied that she can always start with seminars online. She answered with another ‘How?’
I gave her a link to a MOOC list. I am guessing that she needs to know what content writing is. This also gave me an idea – What about creating a list of free online courses for content writing? For now, I will give these 5 online courses. I will update the list if I discovered another course to visit.
Feel free to visit the links below to learn!
- Writing for the Web (WriteWeb) by Frankie Maden. This is an Open2Study free course. It has four (4) modules. It requires 2-4 hours study a day but one can choose to study according to time availability. There are quizzes and assessments and the student can receive a Certificate of Achievement.
- Learn About Content Writing by Tushar Mangl. This is a Udemy free course. A student needs to have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. The course has 40 minutes on-demand video, provides full lifetime access, access on mobile and TV. The student receives a Certificate of Completion.
- Content Writing Training. This is a Leads Academy free course. It is a Professional Certification in Content Writing (PCCW) course and the student needs to sign up to be enrolled. The course has 6 modules.
- Content, Advertising and Social IMC by Randy Hlavac. This is a Coursera course which is offered with a fee but you can apply for a financial aid if you cannot afford the fee. Instructions are available how you can avail a free course. The course requires 4 weeks and the student is required to pass all graded assignments in order to compete the course.
- Free Content Marketing Certification Course. This is from Hubspot Academy. It is not specifically about content writing but it is included in the syllabus. It has 10 classes and it requires 4 hours. There are questions and an exam.